I am hungry! We got up and fed the boys, took Lucas to school…FCAT testing this week, and then the twins. Ted and I wanted to go shopping except the places we wanted to go didn’t open until 9 and 10 o’clock…it was 8:15. We thought for a half a second about going to that fast food chain that starts with a Mc but decided our breakfast at home was 100% tastier and healthier for that matter. I knew what I wanted all the way home.
Egg in the hole. I started cooking them and then wanted garlic bread…yes, for breakfast. Then parmesan and thyme came into the picture. The result were bites of delicious goodness. Crunchy garlic parmesan toast with a sunny side up egg seasoned with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and thyme nestled inside.
Thyme for Garlic Parmesan Egg In the Hole
- slices of bread
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ground garlic
- dried thyme leaves
- non stick olive oil or a little butter
- Cut a hole in the middle of slice of bread.
- Spray or add butter to pan.
- Heat on medium high.
- Put slice(s) of bread in skillet.
- Brown bottom of bread, lower heat to low and flip slice(s) of bread.
- Crack egg and put in the hole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and parmesan.
- Cook until the white is set…around 5 to 10 minutes.