Friday night and I promised my boys pizza. I look, search, and plunder through cabinets and drawers for the yeast to make the pizza. Uh Oh! I am in trouble! I cannot find it! Think, think, think…. I remember seeing a pizza made with spaghetti…I’m saved!!!! I hope.
I get the spaghetti out and they look at me as if I have lost my mind. ;D I made the spizza and it Works! Woot Woot! It tastes like spaghetti but it is Good! Eating spaghetti in a pizza shape with your hands…Oh Yeah! ;D Hope you like it!
- 6 oz spaghetti, cooked al dente
- salt to cook spaghetti, if desired
- italian seasoning, basil, oregano to sprinkle, pick and choose or use non
- parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- mozzarella cheese, or as we do, string cheese…btw, 1 string cheese = 1/4 cup
- spaghetti or pizza sauce
- pepperoni, cooked to release grease, optional
- veggies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti or use leftover.
- Grease pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Toss spaghetti, 1/4 cup parmesan, and beaten egg to cover spaghetti.
- Form a circle on greased pizza pan.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan and cook in a preheated 350 oven for 5-7 minutes, till starting to set.
- Sprinkle again with parmesan and mozzarella on top.
- Top with sauce and cooked, precooked pepperoni and/or other toppings.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, depending on ingredients.
- If the bottom is moist, place on paper towels to remove moisture.
- Cut and serve.