I love spinach but it wasn’t until recently that I decided I did. I despised it as a child and would refuse to eat it, turning up my nose and closing my lips tightly. Now, I eat it weekly baked or raw, I want it! One of my twins eats it raw..he loves salads! The other two boys, well I’m working on them. Trying new ways. They’ll come around..in time.
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup Daisy Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick) or homemade biscuit mix
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
Pour in prepared ban. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean. If cutting in bite size squares you will need to let it cool a bit. Enjoy!