I love spinach but it wasn’t until recently that I decided I did. I despised it as a child and would refuse to eat it, turning up my nose and closing my lips tightly. Now, I eat it weekly baked or raw, I want it! One of my twins eats it raw..he loves salads! The other two boys, well I’m working on them. Trying new ways. They’ll come around..in time.
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup Daisy Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick) or homemade biscuit mix
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan, I used homemade cake release. Whisk together sour cream, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and biscuit mix. Stir in spinach and cheeses.
Pour in prepared ban. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean. If cutting in bite size squares you will need to let it cool a bit. Enjoy!