Sausage and Peach Jam
makes 2 1/2 cups
- 1 lb of Smoked Sausage, I used Kielbasa because that is what I had
- 1 medium to large Sweet Onion
- 1 1/2 cups Peaches, diced
- 1 cup of Coca Cola*
- 1 cup of Water*
- 1/2 cup of sugar*
- 2 teaspoons of Minced Garlic, I used the jarred minced garlic in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
Cut sausage into thin quatered pieces. Cook to render fat. Pour off fat and wipe fat out of skillet with a paper towel. Blot sausage.
Dice onion into small pieces and add to skillet. Cook until carmelized.
Add garlic, salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and coca cola.
Cook until most of the coca cola has reduced.
Boil water and remove from heat. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add to skillet along with peaches.
Cook until most of the liquid has reduced.
*note.. you can substitue a large can of peaches for the water, sugar and peaches*