I have mentioned it before and I’ll say it again…I do not like pumpkin pie. Yes, I know what you are thinking and just imagine I may nbe the only person that doesn’t like it! They was always made by my precious Mama and Grandma every holiday.
A huge dollop of cream on top and my, oh my, dear Daddy was a happy man! I on the other hand, never inherited the love of pumpkin pie. I do love pumpkin bread, cookies, muffins and now, this dip. Just don’t give me a slice Mama’s pumpkin pie or I’ll have to hurt feeling and not eat it. Check out this recipe on The Great Eggo Waffle Off!
Pumpkin Spice Dip with Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Waffle Dippers
- 12 to 16 Eggo Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 1 – 3.4 oz. Instant Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding Mix
- or 1 – 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ONLY IF using instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, homemade
- 4 oz. neufchatel cheese, homemade
- 1 cup pure pumpkin, packed, not pie filling
1. With a hand mixer, cream together neufchatel cheese and 1/3 cup brown sugar until smooth.
2. Beat in pumpkin spice pudding mix and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
3. Add pumpkin and beat to combine.
4. Cover and chill dip in refrigerator while making Eggo Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Waffle Dippers.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Cut Eggo waffles into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Alternately, leave whole and cut in wedges after baking.
7. Whisk together 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
8. Lightly brush maple syrup on both sides of Eggo Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
9. Bake in preheated oven 4 minutes, turn and cook another 2 minutes or until crisp on outside yet still soft inside. Watch carefully and do not over cook.
10. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon as soon as waffles are out of the oven. Cut into wedges if baked whole.
11. Serve with chilled pumpkin spice dip and whipped cream, if desired.