Another muffin recipe for you to enjoy. Muffins are so easy to make and eat. This one if full of bran, pumpkin, spice and the dark chocolate chips I added. Eaten as a snack or breakfast is alright with me.
Pumpkin Spice Bran Muffins
makes 16 to 18
What you need
- 1 cup bran cereal, I used All Bran Original
- 1 cup 1 % milk, or your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, or more to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup pumpkin puree,packed, not pie filling, real pumpkin, nothing except pumpkin
- 1/2 to 1 cup dark chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, diced apples or shredded coconut
- are great options to add in
What to do
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line muffin pans with foil liners and spray lightly, spray the bottom of tins, or use paper liners. I used paper liners and they stuck to the bottom half until muffins were completely cool.
- Pour milk over bran cereal, stir and set aside for 10 minutes, or until milk is absorbed, in the refrigerator, .
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices together. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, oil, sugar and molasses together until incorporated.
- Stir in dry mixture just until mixed.
- Stir in bran and pumpkin until moist. Do Not Over Stir.
- Mixture should be somewhat thick, not thin
- Fold in desired addition(s).
- Fill liners almost full.
- Refrigerate any leftover batter until ready to use.
- Cook 12 minutes, check and cook another 2 to 4 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- I turn pans halfway through.
- Remove from pan when cool enough to pick up, 1 minute or so.
Cool on rack.