The combination of creamy custard and baked fruit is wonderful together! Served warm with powdered sugar……Oh My Gosh, you are going to love it! I made this for my hubby on Father’s Day, it was the perfect ending to an amazing day!
- 4-6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- (enough to cover bottom of 10″ cast iron skillet or cake pan)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk, I used 2%
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Nutmeg, or cinnamon stick, to grate over the top
- Powdered sugar, as needed for serving
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 10″ cast iron skillet or cake pan generously.
Put sliced peaches in skillet or pan.
Mix beaten eggs, milk, sugar, flour, sea salt and vanilla extract until smooth.
Pour into skillet or pan. Peaches will come to the top.
Grate nutmeg or cinnamon over the top.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 40-55 minutes.
Until lightly browned and firm to touch.