This was a great, easy and fast side dish for our baked chicken last night. Full of flavor and creamy and buttery mouthful after mouthful of potatoes cooked perfectly in the microwave.
Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
- 5 medium to large potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced thin or diced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 6 teaspoons margarine or butter
- dried thyme to sprinkle on top
Spray a microwave safe casserole dish. Put potatoes and onions in casserole dish. Season with pepper and salt. Sprinkle with flour. Stir to coat. Dot with margarine. Pour milk over top. Cover with microwave safe plastic wrap. Cook on high, my microwave is 1100 watts, adjust yours as needed, for 10 minutes. Remove plastic, CAREFULLY, BEWARE OF STEAM. Stir, replace plastic and cook another 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is creamy.