This is a fast treat to make in the microwave. Easy to mix up and cook…what could be better in our hurried, hot days of summer? I don’t have a square microwavable pan so I used a round casserole dish. Worked for me!
Microwave Dark Chocolate, Coconut and Walnut Bars
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons milled flax seed and 3 tablespoons water or 1 egg
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (1/2 is very chocolaty)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add milled flax seed, flour, baking soda and salt.
Spread into a 8″ inch microwavable pan or dish.
Mix dark chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts together.
Sprinkle on top of dough, pressing slightly.
Microwave for 3 minutes (1100 watt microwave). Turn 1/2 way around if you do not have a turntable. Microwave 1 minute. Touch and see if it springs back slightly. You do not want to over cook these. I cooked mine for 5 1/2 minutes and I should have stopped between 4 1/2 and 5 minutes to be a little softer.