It’s Saturday, overcast, cool. I want chili! Instead, I made this easy casserole and it turned out to be the perfect fix. Spicy and sweet…yeah, I’m lovin’ it!
Mexican Jiffy Mix Casserole
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 27 oz Bush’s Chili Beans
- 1 15 1/4 oz DelMonte Fresh Cut Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 14 3/4 oz DelMonte Sweet Corn Cream Style
- 2/3 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 10 oz RoTel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 cup Kraft cheddar or pepper jack cheese, grated
Put 1/2 cup margarine in 9 x 13 pan and place in pan in oven while preheating to 350 degrees F. Check after 3 minutes and take out when melted. I a large bowl, mix undrained chili beans, drained whole kernel corn and drained diced tomatoes and chilies, put aside. In another bowl, mix corn muffin mix, cottage cheese, creamed style corn and eggs until incorporated.
Pour 2/3 corn muffin mix on top of melted margarine. Add chili bean mixture. Go around sides with rest of corn muffin mix. Bake 20 minutes, turn around and cook another 30 to 35 minutes. Take out of oven and add grated cheese, if desired. Return to oven 2 minutes or until melted. Enjoy!