An easy way to make pancakes that are healthy and yummy! By using one package of instant oatmeal, you can have pancakes in minutes! Use any variety and your flavored pancakes possibilities are endless!
Instant Oatmeal Pancakes for One
- 1 package instant oatmeal…any flavor, I used maple and brown sugar
- 1/4 -1/2 cup buttermilk, start with smallest amount of milk..
- Different flavors may be different in volume.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of added ingredients..I used raisins for these
- mini chocolate chip, mashed bananas, diced strawberries……
Mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl.
Add beaten egg and 1/4 cup buttermilk, adding more if needed.
Heat a 6″ cast iron or non-stick pan to medium. Spray with cooking spray. Add half pancake batter.
Cook until it bubbles and is brown underneath.
Flip and cook a minute or so longer…until the bottom is brown.