For my boys! A very old recipe that never gets old!
Honey Bun Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix, with pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, Homemade Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour, Homemade Cake Release, 9×13 pan. Beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla on low for 1 minute, then on medium 2 minutes. Spread in prepared pan. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle on batter and swirl in with a fork. Cook in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mix confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla extract while cake is baking. Immediately pour icing over hot cake. Let cool. Enjoy!