I baked a ham today. The boys wanted sweet potatoes and green beans. Hubby wanted a sandwich and I wanted a salad. I love how you can use ham in so many ways and there is still plenty left for another day or two plus I’ll use the bone for soup or beans. So looking forward to that!
Green Bean Salad
- 1 can of green beans, drained (I used what I cooked for the boys)
- 1/2 to 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 or 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 or 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 to 2 cups cooked ham, chicken, or turkey, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ranch popcorn seasoning to taste (I use Kernel Seasons, Love this stuff! Just a sprinkle and you have the taste of ranch without the calories!)
Mix all together and season to taste.
I made just enough for me in this snowman bowl
Here is my husband’s sandwich!
Would you look at that hunk of ham?