This is our absolute favorite way to cook pork. I’ve cooked this in the crock pot, and it is great that way, but Love it cooked in the oven, even more. Pork butt and country ribs are fantastic cooked this way! We buy pork on sale, or a bigger piece, and have it cut so we can eat now and save for later. This is perfect for pulled pork or as a meat for your meal.
Garlic Italian Peperoncini Pork
- 3 to 5 pound pork butt or country ribs
- 1/2 cup peperoncinis, sliced, plus more to add later and top sandwiches
- 1/3 cup peperoncini juice, from jar more if desired but it is a little salty
- 1 to 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, I use McCormick Grinders
- 1 small to medium head garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
What to do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray dutch oven, or roasting pan with lid, with non-stick spray or brush with Homemade Cake Release. Rinse pork, pat dry and put in dutch oven. Pour juice all over pork. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over bottom, all sides and top. Top with garlic, onions and peperoncinis. Cover and cook in preheated 375 degrees F oven 2 to 3 hours until tender, pulls easily apart and has an internal temperature at least 145 degrees F. This is lowered temperature from the 160 degrees F used in the past.
Check after first hour and turn temperature down to 350 degrees F if getting too dark.