I made the boys spaghetti and garlic parmesan bread last night. While I was making the bread, I noticed tomatoes my step daughter, Bonny, gave us. MMM I would put them on the garlic parmesan bread for hubby and I. They were wonderful and I ended up eating only the bread!
Garlic Parmesan Bruschetta
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced thick
- 3-4 tomatoes, depending on size, sliced
- 1 stick butter, I used salted, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt..to sprinkle on tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated…I used 4 string cheese sticks , yeah I know
- italian seasoning
- olive oil or spray to grease pans
- *olive oil to drizzle*
- cookie sheets
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheets. Slice tomatoes, put on paper towels, pat dry and sprinkle with salt. Mix minced garlic and parmesan with soft butter.
Spread on tops and bottoms of slices of bread.
*If you want to substitute the butter for olive oil, drizzle a little over the bread. Mix the garlic and parmesan together and put on slices.*
Cook 3-5 minutes until bottom is light brown. Take out of oven. Flip slices of bread over and top with tomatoes, shredded mozzarella and italian seasoning. Back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Alternate method to cook. Spread garlic parmesan butter on top side of bread. Put under the broil for 2-4 minutes. No set time…all ovens are different. Keep oven door open and Always watch to be certain it doesn’t burn. It will go from just starting to melt to inedible burnt if you aren’t careful. Just sayin’!