Friday night is pizza night for us. We love it! It is a time when we are all in the kitchen, making our favorites or creating new ones. My oldest son wanted a white pizza. We came up with a yummy Alfredo one! It has a thick and fluffy, crust that has a hint of garlic and parmesan cheese.
Next time I’ll cook it on a baking sheet and cut into squares. Feel free to add any and everything you wish. It will be amazing! I adapted this recipe from the back of a package of Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast. I love it!
Fluffy Crust Whole Wheat Alfredo Pizza
What you need
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium Whole Wheat Flour, more if needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast
- 2/3 cup very warm water, 120 – 130 degree F
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup Alfredo Sauce or Spread, homemade or bought. Use more or less, you decide.
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, homemade or bought
- your favorite toppings, optional
What to do
- Grease pizza pan or baking sheet with sides.
- Put 1 cup whole wheat flour, sugar, garlic, parsley and yeast in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Stir in very warm water and oil.
- Stir in parmesan.
- Add more flour, a little at the time, until a soft dough is formed.
- I kneaded dough with a fork sticky and adding the flour.
- Stir, knead with fork, add more flour, stir, knead with fork…..you get the idea.
- After dough is soft, turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic adding a little dog at the time if needed.
- I kneaded the dough with my hand in the bowl.
- Stretch and pat dough to fill pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Top with Alfredo Sauce or Spread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and any additional toppings you like.
- Let pizza sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F the last 10 minutes, more or less, of resting. You know how long it takes your oven to preheat.
- Bake on bottom rack for 8 minutes, check and turn around cooking another 4 to 7 minutes if needed. Crust will be very soft and fluffy.