My boys love to eat waffles! When I don’t have time to make homemade, I pop Eggo Waffles in the toaster for their breakfast. And Hey, did you know…Eggo Waffles also make great desserts, like these Cranberry Apple Waffle Dumplings!
A tiny bit of tartness, here and there, from the cranberries and apples that are mingled with spice infused sugary, syrupy, sticky greatness! YES! Oh, did I mention I entered this delicious recipe in The Great Eggo Waffle Off? Here is the link to my Cranberry Apple Waffle Dumplings.
Cranberry Apple Waffle Dumplings
- 4 Eggo Homestyle Waffles or your favorite
- 4 pre-sliced green apple slices or 1/2 green apple cup in quarters
- 1 – 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 quarter cup cranberry apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Remove waffles from freezer and thaw, around 5 minutes.
3. In small saucepan, heat brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon until melted.
4. Grease 9×5” loaf pan.
5. Rinse and pick through cranberries.
6. Fold sides of waffle to make a rectangle.
7. Place one apple slice on one end of waffle
8. Roll apple slice and waffle down and place in greased loaf pan, seam side down.
9. Put cranberries on top and beside waffles.
10.Pour melted sugar mixture over apple filled waffles.
11. Pour cranberry apple juice on each side of waffles.
11. Cook in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes.
12. Wait 10 minutes before serving.
13. Serve with extra cranberries over top. May be topped with ice cream or whipped topping.