I’ve never made a chocolate souffle, or any kind for that matter. I wanted to try today..and went on a cyber hunt. Finally, I found something that would work for us. Chocolate souffle cookies! They were easy to make and very good! A light, crisp, yummy cookie with a big chocolate taste!
Chocolate Souffle Cookies
- 6 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or
- 1/2 cup each, I use Ghirardelli, bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup heavy cream to melt chocolate if needed but not necessary
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Move rack to top 1/3 of oven.
Melt chocolate, with 1/4 cup heavy cream if using, in either a double boiler or microwave a few seconds at the time until melted. Stirring often, do not over heat.
Beat room temp egg whites with cream of tarter and vanilla, until foamy. Add sugar to your desired sweetness.
Beat until soft peaks.
Gently fold in melted chocolate.
Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets a tablespoon at a time. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn pans and cook another 5 minutes until done. Cookies will be crisp on the outside yet soft inside.