Who says you can’t have ice cream without an ice cream maker! I’m pretty certain as long as I keep making ice cream this way, I’ll never get the ice cream maker I want either! It’s really easy to make the worst part is the wait. Make it in the morning if you want it for the evening or the night before even for a really hard set. The ice cream melted, once again, before I could take a picture. It was hard set when it started. Who wants ice cream?
Chocolate Freezer Ice Cream
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, 1 oz each, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- pinch salt
- 1 can condensed milk, chilled
- Heat 1 cup cream until it gets hot but does not boil.
- Take off heat and add chopped unsweetened chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Chill until completely cool.
- Put condensed milk in large bowl.
- Beat remaining 1 cup of cream with chilled cream and chocolate until firm peaks form.
- Do not over beat.
- Fold into condensed milk and put in a loaf pan or shallow pan for faster freezing.
- Freeze at least 6 hours. My freezer was opened at least one hundred times while trying to make this set. It was soft serve at 4 hours. Try at least 6 hours for a firm set.