My Boys are wanting to have a party today. A Halloween Party to be exact. Although I don’t think the party theme will end up being Halloween. I think it will be Play, Eat and Watch Movies theme instead. 😀
I made this dip for them to eat and also Orange Koolaid Sherbert using a very old recipe. They are having pizza’s also.
This is great to pack in a lunch with veggies and/or homemade tortilla chips or made into a burrito or pita sandwich.
Chili Bean Salad Dip
- 27 oz can Chili Beans, Don”t use all the liquid
- 1 12-16 0z block of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can of medium Black Olives, sliced
- 1 large Tomato, mine were two small homegrown 😀
- Salad Mix
- (no salt, I think it is salty enough for us)
- Sour Cream for topping
- small valdalia onion, thinly sliced
- large carrot, grated
- crumbled bacon
- cooked hamburger mixed with the beans
- the options are endless!
- Puree the Chili Beans.
- Grate the Cheddar Cheese.
- Chop the Black Olives into pieces or slice into rings.
- Tear Salad Mix into small pieces.
- Chop tomato in small pieces.
Layer the same order as ingredients, except the options, just put them in wherever you get a hankering to. I was going to heat the beans and cheese but couldn’t find the pie plate I wanted to use. I’m thinking My Boys were playing in my kitchen again. 😀 (We like it cold) Add pepper and salt if desired and top with sour cream.
You can use this as a dip for squash, cucumbers, celery, tortilla chips, store bought or make your own.* You can also use this as a burrito and in pita bread.
*To Make You Own Tortilla Triangles..Cut floured or corn tortillas into triangles and frying until puffed and just starting to brown, flip and do the other side. They cook very fast so don’t leave. Season with salt once finished.
Can also be baked. Give them a light spray of oil and salt if using them as dip. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
You can also top your tortilla triangles them with cinnamon sugar or parmesan cheese while still hot.