It’s cooler, I want soup! Hubby, one of the twins and I just love soup! Homemade soup that is. Soup that is made with love and not from a machine. Although they do come in handy every now and then when hubby cooks for the boys.
It’s just too easy to make soup from scratch. A little this, some of that. What’s left in the fridge, in the pot it goes and you made a new favorite! This one, however, is an old classic. Super easy and ready to eat in 30 minutes.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 12 cups chicken broth, homemade or bought
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 cup carrots, sliced, I cut up baby ones
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 16 oz package thin egg noodles
- thyme, optional
Rinse chicken breast. Put in large stock pot along with broth, celery, pepper, garlic, salt and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer, to low boil, 20 minutes.
Take chicken breast out and cut into bite size pieces if done, not pink inside. Raise heat to boil broth. Add egg noodles (whole package makes a lot of noodles) , carrots and chicken pieces to pot. Cook according to directions on egg noodle package.
Sprinkle with thyme before serving if desired.