I have seen casseroles made with Jiffy Mix for some time now. Heck, forever! I finally made one with the popular mix and Oh, My, Goodness! I love it. Hubby loves it! They (don’t like broccoli) My oldest son loves it! Easy to make with whatever you have on hand. Mix and bake, yep, I love that, too!
Broccoli Corn and Cheese Jiffy Mix Casserole
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 15 oz can creamed corn
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese, or whatever you have, shredded
- 3 cups chopped frozen broccoli…(chop then measure)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put margarine in 9 x 13 pan and place in oven for 3 minutes or until margarine is melted, while oven is preheating. Whisk together; eggs, creamed corn and cottage cheese. Add seasonings, melted margarine and Jiffy mix, whisk to incorporate.
Add broccoli and 1 cup cheese. Stir to mix in. Pour in prepared pan. Cook 15 minutes turn pan around. Cook another 15 to 25 minutes adding cheese the last few minutes…just before it is set.