Happy Fall Y’all! This great quick bread, Ginger Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Glaze, is perfect for the first day of fall! So easy and full of the flavors associated with a chill in the air. If only the weather would get the hint.
This doesn’t have a lot of ginger taste, but a hint of the classic gingerbread which was what I wanted. (Use 2 teaspoons for more ginger flavor.) Oh my it was good! My middle son, the oldest twin, decided to help himself the best way he could. I couldn’t get angry with him…no matter how the bread looked when I got back to it.
Ginger Pumpkin Bread
- 1 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ginger or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or more to taste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or milk
- 1 cup packed pumpkin puree, not filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan
- Sift dry ingredients and sit aside.
- Whisk together eggs, oil, molasses, sugar, coconut milk.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until moist. Do not over stir.
- Fold in pumpkin, you do not need to mix it all in.
- Cook in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes. Done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, run a knife around edges, flip out and cool on rack.
Sift powdered sugar and cinnamon. Stir in milk until mixed well. Drizzle over bread.
You may want to double the glaze.