I made these at least 5 times last week for my boys! They just love them! They sneak in the kitchen, pretend to do something and the next thing I know I hear the sound of running feet and a discover a missing muffin! LOL I’m telling you……You better put some aside for yourself if you want any.
- 1 cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed, homemade
- 3 Tablespoons unsulfered molasses
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped fine, optional
- 1/2 cup coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Grease or put liners, in muffin pans.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar and molasses until light in color.
- Beat in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and additional spices if desired,
- Add buttermilk while mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in pumpkin and any optional ingredients.
- Fill muffin cavities 2/3 full.
- Bake 8 minutes and turn pans around.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes, depending on your oven, more or less.
- Done with toothpick comes out clean.