Here is a moist, lower in fat cake that tastes wonderful and is easy to make. With the help of a cake mix and a few ingredients you can wow your family and friends. This stands wonderful alone without the addition of icing or add this yummy fast pudding icing to make it over the top great! My boys will grab a piece and eat it while on the go.
Double Dark Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×10 pan with non stick spray.
- Beat cake mix, eggs and half the yogurt. Mix to incorporate. About 2 minutes.
- Beat in rest of yogurt for 2 minutes on medium. Beat in mashed banana.
- Cook 15 minutes. Turn pan around and cook another 15 to 20 minutes. Do not over cook. It’s done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack in pan.
- 1 small box vanilla pudding, or your favorite flavor
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup Lite Cool Whip, thawed or whipped topping
- Whisk pudding and milk together. Add cool whip and whisk to incorporate.
- Put in refrigerator until set. Spread on cake or top each slice. If icing the whole cake, you will need to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Add a sprinkling of chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or pieces of fresh fruit.