I am always looking for new recipes to make. Especially ones I can sneak something healthy into like veggies or beans. This time I used beans and nobody was the wiser. It has a slightly different texture but not in a bad way. It is a thin cake and will be eaten in no time at all. I made this last night and it is already gone. Make it for your family and don’t tell them what the secret ingredient is. You’ll smile as they eat it and rave about their newest favorite cake.
Dark Chocolate Bean Cake
- 1 large can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 unsweetened dark cocoa
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped, or mini semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8″ springform pan.
In a food processor, mini processor (that’s what I used) or blender, pulse or blend, beans and eggs until smooth. Put in bowl and whisk in cocoa, sugar, soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in chocolate chips, as many as you wish.
Pour into a greased 8″ in springform pan.
Cook in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turn and cook another 12-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen, I used frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, more if desired
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract, optional
While cake is cooling, heat water and sugar until sugar is dissolved to make a light syrup.
Add 2 cups raspberries to light syrup.
You can add more water and sugar to make more syrup.
Spoon over whole cake or individual slices.
Keep refrigerated if sauce is over cake.